Monday, November 21, 2011

A hunting Wilgraf Weekend

Happy Monday. sike.
Ugh, I think I am getting sick :( I am having hot/cold flashes and my throat looks like raw hamburger. yummy. uck. I thought it was a little sore over the weekend but I just ignored it, thought it was just dry from the heat running so much. oh well. Stay at home moms get to sleep all the time, right? right....
Well, last week Tuesday started Brandon's weekend. He took a half day Tuesday and just went back today. The life of a dad. Hunt hunt hunt. Oh well.. I'll just tell you about my weekend.
Thursday night I had margs with Cassie and felt like crap Friday. lol. But it was so worth it. Kim met me later that night too and I got some great girl talk in. lol.
Friday night  Lyla and I went to the lighted parade with my mom and dad. It was awesome, but so so cold!
Lyla loved it though! and was all wrapped up in blankets super warm. what a life.
After the parade we headed home for some warm pjs and sleep. Lyla has finally given in and actually lets me rock her to sleep every once in a while! Love love love it.
Saturday we were up at 5:30 because that's how we roll. After we were fed and clothed I decided to run to target to get formula and Lyla hung out at Grandma's. Do you know how I felt pushing a cart around target with  a peppermint mocha and actually stopping to look at things I liked? heaven. After I got back I ran home to put my stuff away because Lyla was sleeping and by the time I got back my mom wanted to go to Maurices. Ahhh, i love that store. But why do they never have sales?! I feel like I pay full price for everything. yuck. That evening Sarah and Jack came over to watch movies. Well, not too much movie watching gets in with two babies but it was still nice to be home and relaxing.. after my baby went to sleep!
Sunday was the Red Bud Christmas walk. I have been wanting to go so bad so I talked Kim into it. Well, the weather was so nasty that Lyla couldn't be out. So off to grandma's she went. Kim and I went to have lunch at Tequila's and then went to the office.. and never left. I blame it all on the weather. I would have liked to go to a store or two but the rain and cold just was not appetizing at all. So we stayed put. But had a great time. and thanks to Sarah I scored me some pea soup. yum!
we also had one of the Office's drinks for the day. Every bar was competing for the best winter drink. Obviously this is the only one I tried. lol, I loved it.. Kim not so much.
Hope you had a good weekend! Turkey day is coming up!!

3 comments:

melissal said...

Sign up for Maurices email list, they send out coupons and have sales online all the time

Ashley Mitchell said...

Mason wakes up at 4:30 or 5 EVERY morning. It's so much fun. ;) i still love him though.

Erin said...

Oh I still love her too but gosh give a Momma a break! Lol. I'll have to check out Maurices website for sure.