Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pumped Up.. WHAT?!

Hi there you all. well, it's Tuesday and here at the Wilgraf's it's officially been over 24 hours since Lyla and her Mommy have been out of the house :/ this sore throat is still hangin  strong.. it's weird it kinda come and goes. ugh.. I was hoping a GREAT night's sleep would help. So I took some nite time cold medicine and watched a movie and hit the sack last night.. only to get up around 15 times with Ly :( I don't know what the deal is.. if she doesn't feel good or getting a tooth or what. So this morning with her bottle I gave her a little ibuprofen and a little tummy medicine from when she  spit up all the time and we took a much needed 2 hour nap together. She seems  fine  now! sometimes I think she has bad dreams. is that crazy? anyway, hopefully tonight is better and I can join the girls for drinks tomorrow night. I'm thinking a little tanning therapy might  be in the plan tonight, and, well, will help with getting  me out of this house. Brandon acutally came home yesterday and asked "what happened to the house?!" uh, yeah, that's what it looks like when Momma don't feel good, get over it. lol.
ON with the show. So this song has been on my mind lately. You know it. All the other kids with the pumped up kicks.. and so on.  Happy, peppy, nice beat. great right? no. Let's read the lyrics.

"Pumped Up Kicks" 
Robert's got a quick hand.
He'll look around the room, he won't tell you his plan.
He's got a rolled cigarette, hanging out his mouth he's a cowboy kid.
Yeah, he found a six shooter gun.
In his dad's closet hidden with a box of fun things, and I don't even know what.
But he's coming for you, yeah he's coming for you.

[Chorus: x2]
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you'd better run, better run, outrun my gun.
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet.

Daddy works a long day.
He'll be coming home late, he's coming home late.
And he's bringing me a dark surprise.
'Cause dinner's in the kitchen and it's packed in ice.
I've waited for a long time.
Yeah the sleight of my hand is now a quick-pull trigger,
I reason with my cigarette,
And say your hair's on fire, you must have lost your wits, yeah.

[Chorus: x2]
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you'd better run, better run, outrun my gun.
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet.

[Whistling]

[Chorus: x3]
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you'd better run, better run, outrun my gun.
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet.

I don't know about you, but gives me chills. I know it's supposed to have a deep meaning and all that but there is just something about the lyrics that make singing along to it in my car just not seem right. Happy tune or not.. it's just a weird feeling when you find out the words.

In other news. Since I don't feel very good I have the excuse to take many breaks  from my daily cleaning and running around.. which gives me the time to plan my dream wedding on Pinterest. Yep, I get it now. But I think a lot of people find this shiz on their own and then post it.. not me. lol. I just copy other peoples stuff. BUT I'm gonna share a few of my "pins" from my board "Wishful Thinking"


can you imagine the way I can dress Lyla up?! I mean, depending on how old she is.  At this rate she will be 30 and telling me how to dress.

ah, I love this! In white of course. Yes, short dress please.
and since I'll probly get married in a barn. The class act we are.
I mean, great idea, huh? my feet always hurt by the end of the night.. and if you time it right, you can get flip flops CHEAP.

Ok ok that's all I got for now. Lyla just stuck her hand in the toilet again.. bath time.

7 comments:

Cassie said...

where are the earrings you have picked out?!!?

and yes i LOVE that song too but one day i REALLY REALLY listened to it and i was like ahhhhh! and now i change it every time.

and i loled and ly being 30 when you get married. lol. oh brandon, get it together!!

Ashley Mitchell said...

I feel the same way about that song. Gives me chills.

Love the flip flop idea. Too cute.

Heather said...

I'm going to be the uncool one and say I've never even heard that song.

Love the barn idea. I thought about doing that in my grandpas barn way back when I was actually going to get married.

Jackie said...

I hate that song...always have...but when I realized what the words were I hated even more....some of my friends that don't have kids thinks its an awesome song....and I just told them you will think diffrent when you have kids!

Amazing how being a Mom changes you!

Crystal L said...

I absolutely hate that song too. I wasn't overly fond of it initially but then I read the words and now I change it if it comes on.

Erin said...

GLad I'm not the only one!

sblind2 said...

I really liked that song....until NOW. It always made me feel like dancing like I was in the 1950's (you know what I mean), but now that happy dance it reined! ACTUALLY I thought it said pumped up kicks....like those shoes you used to pump up! BAHAHAHA obviously not.....