Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Landgraf HappilyEverAfter

Have you ever woke up the morning after a wedding and thought to yourself: seriously, it couldn't have went more perfect? that was this wedding. Honestly, I don't think anything went wrong! Well, not anything important anyway. We had such a great time. I loved every second!

We went up to Bloomingdale, Illinois on Friday evening. Agh, that drive took forever. Like that kid on Sandlot foreeevvvvveeerrrr. For real. Ok, maybe it was the sreaming baby in the backseat, or the snoring boy in the passenger seat that made it seem long, Idk. Ah, Nemo on dvd only works for so long :( Oh well, we made it and let me tell you, headed straight for bed. I mean straight. didn't even unpack our stuff from the car.

The next morning we got up and went to breakfast and checked out the hotel while Grandma and Grandpa hung out with Lyla. This place was awesome. Put-put golf, 2 pools, hot tub, like 4 bars, lots of lobby area.. and just an awesome layout. It was the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort (I think). Two thumbs up! Except for the loudness in the hallways :( kept us up all night! oh well.. after breakfast we all took a long nap and went out to the pool later until it was time to get ready for the rehearsal.

lol, yep. that's us. and some man with a mustache.
Just giving Uncle Dustin some advice for his big day.
After some good food and drinks we headed to bed. So we thought... That night was someone else's wedding in the hotel. And they were LOUD. Are you ever just too tired to think in the middle of the night? I should have called the front desk. But I feel like they should have handled it before that too.. so loud and right outside my room :( Made it hard to get up the next day. But I DID. First  pretty girl to get my hair and makeup done. yes, I called myself pretty. Melissa (the bride) had a penthouse on the top floor. It was awesome. That's where all the girls went to get ready. Fun morning! 


Once we were all curled up, tucked in and painted on we were ready for pictures! It was a perfect day for outside pics so we headed out. Of course with strict instructions to keep the groom inside.

Melissa and her sisters
Then, it was time for the shuttle to the ceremony.. and the actual thing! Sooo calm until this point. lol. We rode a little bus thing over to the pavillion it was in. The weather was so great. Like 70 degrees and sunny. They had one off their good friends officiate the wedding and he was perfect! I would have cried the whole time. lol. After the ceremony we headed out again for more pics and then happy hour. (= happy me)


LOVE this picture. <3
Then came the reception. the food was amazing. OMG I was stuffed. Let's just say a certain someone's spanx may or may not have been removed in the bathroom. But.. have no fear, it was all danced off. Everyone was shufflin!! What a great time on that dance floor. And the photo booth was a hit too! I only made it in once.. I wish I would have gotten in there with Lyla. Next wedding for sure. think, Erin, think. helloooo? anybody in there? (do you know what would happen if I handed in MY paper with YOUR name on it?!) that's for my BTTF buddies. ANYWHO BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND. We danced and partied all night long. Lyla even made it til 11pm until the dancing wore her out and she fell asleep on Mommy. After she left, I made myself at home at the snack bar. Nachos, pizza.. ahh, no hangover.

Me and Brandon at the reception. He was dad of the day and let me dance my butt off!
ok ok, this guy is a pretty good dad too. (baby hogger.)
She did this a lot...

Here's to the groom!

The next morning Lyla rode home with Grandpa and Grandma.. And guess what. She slept. a lot. Geez, I think she just likes to give her mom anxiety attacks. And what did we do you ask? Bought a new corn head. Yep. Gotta work the farm in there somehow. You didn't think it could be ALL about the wedding did you? hehe. It was a perfect weekend <3

And they lived happily ever after.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Some day, when you least expect it...I'm going to snatch that baby up and keep her for myself for a few days...she's just too adorable.

Cassie said...

awwwwe!! love this!