Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Wilgraf Vacation -Week! (a long one..)

Whew, yeah, it's been a while! I thought I was going to update a little on vaca.. that didn't happen! Nap time? what nap time?! Vacation was good, but busy busy with a baby! so, I'll wrap up the whole week!
LAST Friday we went to eat at Tequila's.. I didn't want to have dirty dishes the night before I left.. that's a good excuse for going out, right?! Brandon wanted to get in as much Lyla time as possible before we left!
I don't usually brag about my kid like this but seriously, that dress. New favorite outfit. I just think it's the cutest thing ever!!
After we got done eating we went to my parents to pack up Lyla and my stuff in my dad's truck to leave in the morning.. then went home to hang out with Daddy a little more and get a good nights sleep!
Saturday morning we left about 8:30 to meet my mom and dad to leave for Table Rock! Well, we had so much to do still that we didn't end up leaving til almost noon.. but we were there by 5 and Lyla did great on the drive!!

she has been hangin on to her car seat toys while she sleeps.. makes her feel more secure. lol.
Josie did good on the drive too! haha, yes, we had a full vehicle!

After we got to our rooms we unpacked and headed to a little pizza place to eat. My mom and dad stayed to listen to a band there and Lyla and I walked back to our room. We were tired girls!
Sunday was hot hot hot. We went for a little boat ride but came back because it was just too hot for Lyla. That night my mom and I went shopping at the Branson Landing and Grandpa hung out with Lyla back at his room. It was a good time... and just ask my mom sometime how good I can read a map! hahaha, oh lord.
Lyla stayed down in the cuddy most of the time with a fan blowin on her.. it wasn't as bad as outside.. but man it was hot! She did really good on the boat though! She fell asleep as soon as we started moving!
Monday was a little layed back. We stayed around the hotel most of the day.. went to WalMart.. and later that evening I took a ride with my Uncle on his boat with my cousin Kelly, her friend Cassie and her boyfriend Bubba. It was a great time!! I think we barbequed that night and just hung out outside.
Tuesday Brandon was coming, yayayayayayay!! Because of the heat, he got off early and could come down that afternoon! My dads boat had to be worked on that morning, so I went with him to pick it up. After that me, Lyla and my mom hit up the outlet mall. And that evening Brandon got there and Sean and Jill came too!
I know this is bad.. but Wednesday and Thursday kind of mesh together. ha.. I know one night we went to a Mexican restaurant called Tequilas.. it was SO GOOD. I really liked it! We also went to a breafast one morning at Ma's Place.. a must have when we go to table rock. And we didn't even know we would get a show with breakfast! Those waitresses were NOT getting along.. ha. We also went to the Landing just me, Brandon and Lyla one day. We ate lunch at the floating restaurant.. I think it was a Bass Pro place.. it was called The Fish House. So good! I had alligator tail. They also have huge fountains that go to music.. we watched them for so long. Made my day.


Lyla looooves her stroller and was great while we shopped! (if we stayed movin...)
Friday morning Brandon went with the rest of my family on the boat to breakfast. There was a place on the water they wanted to try. Later that day we went out on the boat with my brother and Jill while Grandma and Grandpa hung out with Lyla. We had a great day! And supper was waiting for us when we got back!
I don't think Sean needs your direction Rambo Brando. haha, yeah, we had a good time!
Saturday was a little more layed back. I went to eat with my family while Brandon and Lyla stayed back at our room. We went to Starvin Marvins! Great buffet. Great t-shirts. When we got back we had to switch rooms because the rooms we had for the week only went from Sat-Sat. I know, weird. So we did that while everyone else went boating and then took Lyla for a swim in the little pool by our room! She did sooo good.



back off dad, I'm tryin to drive my boat.
time to dry off and take a nap!
That evening I got Brandon to take me to White Water! It's a water park in Branson. We had such a good time! We ran around like little kids. haha. They have a deal that you can come after 5 and stay til 10 for 25 bucks. Not bad at all! And they had all kinds of deals on food too. We got pretzels and pickles and nachos for 3 dollars! We had a great evening! And I think we both crashed as soon as we hit the pillow. I can't wait for Lyla to get big enough to do stuff like that! It's going to be so much fun.. we loved watching all the little kids play in the water.
Sunday it was time to go home! I think we were all ready but we has such a good time. The ride home.. well that wasn't much of a good time.. but that's another story. Oh Lyla, why can't you just sleep in the car?! Needless to say it was a pizza night. :)
Daddy, why you gotta put this thing on me?!

I hope you all had a good week! I know we did! I have a lot to catch up on in blog land! And a lot more to catch you up on.. guess who started eating bananas?!?! 

and also just thinking after looking back over this post.. someone else needs to start taking the pictures! where am I?!?!?!

2 comments:

the Reverend said...

So, at the water park, you got the old "Pretzel, Pickle, and Nacho" Combo? Smart choice.

Erin said...

Lol, yep. Brandons favorite.