Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Chicago Style Wilgraf Weekend

We had a busy busy weekend! Lyla and I went to Chicago for some of Dustin and Melissa's wedding stuff.. daddy had to stay home and work.. we missed him soooo much but had a great time!

Thursday evening we decided to go to Tequila's to eat (because I didn't want to dishes before I left... right?!) and then we came home so I could pack and Brandon could get some Lyla time in before we left him at home for the weekend.

Friday morning we were up bright and early to get our morning routine done and to Red Bud before ten. We had about a five hour drive ahead of us.... the drive went ok.. Lyla was pretty good! I don't blame her for not wanting to be in that seat sometimes. :( But she is definately not one of those babies that just falls asleep in the car either! After we finally got to Chicago and checked into our hotel and showered.. we went to eat with Dustin and Melissa. That night was pretty early because we had a big day ahead of us!

Saturday was Melissa's shower and bachelorette party! The shower was at 11:30 and an hour away so we had to get goin pretty early to get 4 girls ready and there on time. Lyla was in a pretty happy mood the whole time and she loved seeing all the people! She even got to hang out with Uncle Dustin a little and she met some other little girls!
After the shower we had a few things to do then it was back to Melissa's mom's house to get ready for the bachelorette party. We got ready quickly and headed out to catch the train. We had about an hour ride on the train to get downtown. Of course we got on the part with no air...... but I worked a little magic and found us some new seats on a much cooler penquin cave like car. 
Some of the girls on the party.. Melissa (the bride to be) is the fourth one down. uh, the one with the bride sash.
We finally got of the effing train and got to the restaurant we were having dinner at. (I won't talk about how we got there... hot..) It was called the Rockit Bar and Grill. The food and drinks were great! a little pricey but I was prepared for that... Then it was off to the show at the Baton Lounge! I'll have to admit.. this is what caught me a little off-guard. Check it out. yep.. made my jaw drop for a few minutes. I seriously didn't know what to expect. The invitation said "show". Yes, it was a "drag show". what? what are they gonna do? I really thought it was gonna be like a fashion show. haha. Little did I know they were gonna come out singing and dancing. Like, insane. These "girls?" were prettier than me. I will never listen to Pink's "Raise Your Glass" the same way. Crazy thing is- there were THIRTEEN bachelorette parties there!! I guess it's the place to go! And I have to admit, it was fun and I will probably never forget it! We ended the night at a piano bar in walking distance. I would call the night a success! And I think the bride would too...
Dustin is one luckkkky guy. :)

And PTL for Dustin. Cause him and his friend Jeff came to the city to pick all of us up! ANNNND made some breakfast the next morning! Dustin makes a mean biscuits and gravy. AND had seasoned salt just for me cause I can't eat bng without it.
The drive home wasn't as easy as the drive there.. fuss butt. But we made it! and we were happy to be in our own beds! One more month til the wedding!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!!

I've always wanted to go to drag show, lmao.

LOVE your dress Lyla :)

melissah said...

I am happy you liked the Baton Lounge...it is so fun!!! The "girls" that did Pink and Katy Perry were fantastic!

I am so happy you guys were able to come up for the weekend and spend my night out with me!