Monday, May 23, 2011

Another Wilgraf Weekend

Well, happy Monday. It's stormy here and I have a crabby baby. Yep, it's one of them days.
But surprisingly I am glad it's Monday. We had a very busy weekend and needless to say I need to catch up on some sleep.. like, bad.
Friday wasn't as busy. My mom took Lyla off my hands for a couple of hours after she got off work. She had plans with her kindergarten teacher buddies and I am pretty sure they enjoyed seeing Lyla too. I went to pick her up later and Sean and Jill were with her. So we got some pizza and spinach artichoke dip from the winery. (oh my lord if you haven't tried that dip it is the best.) Anyway.. by about nine we headed home and went to bed by ten. Well, Brandon wasn't home yet.. he was out checkin some crawdad traps. (don't ask.)
Saturday Lyla was up bright and early. We had a wedding at two.. and I was hoping she would sleep through it, so I was ok with her being up all morning. We got all ready to go and the wedding went great. Lyla was an angel! That was until we got back to Grandma's house.... I just don't think she was feelin the reception. She cried and cried and cried. But about a half hour before we had to leave she took a little nap and was happy again. Well, we lasted about 2 hours at the reception. Just long enough to eat and say hi. And I think everyone in my family had a little baby barf on them. Oh well. We love her. But that night she did do this:


Yeah, she held her own bottle for like 5 minutes! It was crazy. Her dad was cracking up.
Then Brandon made me watch the saddest movie ever. 
I know it's an old movie and I'm pretty sure all of my friends have probably seen it.. and I still haven't watched the whole thing from the beginning. But man oh man.. the end got me. I still have to say it was good though.. but I really don't get the whole bull riding thing.. and Brandon got really sick of asking questions. ha.
Well, Sunday was the biggest day of our weekend. It was Brandon's uncle Jim's benefit that we have been getting ready for. We had lots to do and thank God my Mom and Dad helped us out with Lyla or we would have been a disaster area. The benefit ended up being a MAJOR success. We had people lined up to the road waiting to get in! And the chicken was SO GOOD. I also was a huge fan of the silent auction. Even though I only ended up with one little item I bid on! Some lady out bid me by one dollar at the very last minute on one thing.. and by two dollars on another! Come on!!!! geeze. I mean.. some people were blocking the things they wanted at the end of the time! whoa it was nuts. My mom got some  pretty cool stuff though! A wine basket, a picnic basket cooler thing, a drink cooler, some awesome kitchen stuff, and I am sure I am missing a lot. They also had a live auction that Brandon went a little crazy at. But hey, I got a new purse and a kitchen full of desserts out of the deal. I think we have a new mailbox and someone that might mow our lawn too. hahaha. Yeah, again, don't ask. I heard the benefit made over 15,000 dollars. yeah, I'd say success. After we left we went on a little jeep ride with Tony and ate some awesome food at Lisa's in Rocher.
I've never been so glad to see Monday.. maybe I can relax a little tonight and Brandon will be on Lyla duty!:)
Have a good week everybody. I think our day might be gettin a little better....

No comments: