Monday, May 9, 2011

A Wilgraf Weekend

Well our weekend was great!! It definately involved some MUCH NEEDED Mommy/Daddy/Lyla time.
Friday afternoon Kim came over and we walked down to the winery around 4.. did you know they don't open til 7 on Fridays?! OMG. Yeah I was upset.. like didn't know what to do with myself. haha. No, really our night turned out great anyway! We went to the wonderful Evansville Food Mart and got ourselves some wine.. I was expecting some dusty old boxes to choose from, but instead they actually had a few good choices! So we headed home to bbq with our wine. It was great! Brandon can grill some steaks! and I made some potatoes on the grill. We had a little fire too and Brittany stopped by for a little chat. It was a great evening. Lyla enjoyed our walk down to the winery the most!

Saturday morning Grandma Karla came down and we headed to Drews to get some flowers to plant and I got some new pots to hang on the front porch.
I love springtime flowers!!
That afternoon Lyla slept from 12:30 til 5!! so Mom had a lot of time to (take a nap) and get stuff done around the house!! It was great. That night Sarah watched Lyla for a little bit while Brandon and I went to eat at Marys. Gosh I love that place and it was SO NICE to eat with both hands and have a dinner alone with Brandon. And Sarah is SO GOOD with Lyla and I love it. Can't wait to meet her little baby boy! :)

Sunday was MY FIRST MOTHERS DAY!! And it was great. All 3 of us slept in til about 9.. got up and hung out around the house for a little bit, then went and had brunch at Tequilas. It was soooo yummy. and there's just something great about margs with breakfast:) We headed home after that to do some yard remodeling! I had lots of flowers to plant and lots of ideas in my head. One of our flower beds that was at our house when we bought it was just a weird shape.. and I hated it. So we are tearing that out and reshaping it. We still have a lot to get done but it is looking great! Daddy headed in after a while to give Lyla a bath and a bottle.. and let me stay outside and plant more flowers. Ahh it was nice to be out there and not have to worry about a thing. Then we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house to eat bbq with the family for mothers day. The best part of the day though was Lyla sleeping eight and a half hours last night!! Momma needed that for sure. It was a GREAT WEEKEND!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love the shades Lyla!!! You are too caaaute!!!

Trav gave Luke a bath yesterday too!! It was ahhhhmazing to do my make-up & hair in peace :)