Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What a day.. and Lily-Mae!

Yesterday was Brandon's first day back to later hours. For the last year (well more than a year, but I don't know how long to tell you the truth.) he has been working 5-3:30.. and we got real used to him being off that early! But now he starts at 7 and gets off at 5:30.. I think the extra sleep in the morning will do him some good, cause he gets SO tired and that scares me so bad when he's driving that much.. but I know getting off that late will drive him nuts!
I went shopping yesterday to get a new dress and to Target to get formula.. cause you can't beat their price on formula! Then I went to see this little princess:
isn't she adorable?!
This is my friend Amanda's sweet baby girl Lily-Mae Scout. And let me tell you she is just precious! So so so tiny. Lyla was bigger than her when she was born! It was so weird seeing a baby that small.. I even got to change her diaper and she had the tiniest little butt! Her and Lyla are about exactly two months apart. (about exactly? really Erin?) And it's crazy how big of a difference 2 months makes! This baby was so quiet.. and Lyla doesn't shut up these days! And you could move Lily anywhere and it was so easy to change her diaper because she just layed there.. ha, Lyla kicks and hits ya til she gets her way. lol.

Here's Lyla as I am typing.. just hangin out in her bouncer showin me her sock.
I just know Lily and Lyla are gonna be the best of friends.. cause they have some pretty cool moms.

After I left I called Brandon who told me he was on his way home too. It was about 8:30 and it takes him about a half hour to get home from the farm.. well.. when I got home at ten he was not here! After about 3 calls and 2 texts I about had a search party out for him. Thank God he called me back because I probably would have gave a few people quite a scare.. where was he you ask? Jans. shoulda known I guess?? But Erin, people were outside flaggin me down! lol. But oh man I was sweatin bullets. I just knew he fell asleep and ran off the road. I never knew I was such a worry wart!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Trav does that crap to me too! OR takes Luke & leaves the house without telling me he left. Uh hello...communication would be nice!!

But if he didn't know where I was every second of my life, the world would come to an end!!

Boys....

Erin said...

I know it!! He thought I was mad he was at the bar.. no not at all! I just was freaked out cause it was two hours ago you said you were on your way home! geez. I know.. if I did that he would be callin the law! lol.