Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Momma said there'd be days like this....

There'd be days like this my Momma said.
Yesterday was definately one of those days!! It all started out with Erin and Brandon not getting much sleep.. which never makes matters any better. Brandon took off work to help me take Lyla to the docor. Her appointment wasn't until 3, so of course he found the time in the morning to go turkey hunting. He didn't get a turkey.. that probably didn't help anything either! After bottles were washed and Lyla got a bath we headed out to lunch and to pick up pictures from Wal Mart. Lyla slept the whole time we had lunch at Tequila's, it was great! We both got to eat at the SAME TIME with BOTH HANDS! I said we need to go out during the day more often because evenings just don't work for the girl. She needs all Mommy's attention at supper time. Anyway, after we got done we headed to Waterloo to pick up pictures and then to Columbia to her doc appointment. It was her two month so she got her first round of shots :s The appointment didn't go bad.. other than peeing on the scale. haha. The nurse freaked out and said "can you tell I don't have kids?!" Yeah honey, but you are a pediatricians nurse. come on. And she weighed in at 11pounds 11 ounces. She's growin people!! Then we moved on to the other room where the doc sees her. She said she is looking GREAT. I asked about her spit up and he said since she is growing not to worry about it. (ugh) Hopefully she grows out of it? I feel so bad for her. I mean, would you want to throw up every time you ate?! poor baby. After the doc left the mean nurse came in. And I mean she was NOT NICE. ok, she was really nice.. but man oh man did my baby cry:( But we all survived. Daddy held her hands and I have never seen her squeeze so tight. Mommy stayed back and started sweating like a mad woman. By the time we left I was stripped down to a t-shirt. haha. After she was all done it was time for Lyla to eat. So I asked the nurse if we could just stay in there and feed her. Got the bottle out. Looked for the formula. Nothing. OMG more sweat. I forgot her formula. So she just kept crying. Finally the nurse came back in and I told her what was wrong and she grabbed some formula they had. Of course it was Similac.. and that's what started all these problems.. but it was food right? So we gave her just 2 ounces to hold her over.. and paid for it the rest of the day. Similac does NOT agree with Lyla. After the doc we bought some formula and headed to Great Grandma and Grandpa's house to feed her some good stuff. She took a little and we were on our way to see Brandon's uncle Jim in rehab after a stroke he had a couple months ago. We got lost. Why wouldn't we? But after we found the parking lot, and finally went in the right building we got there. He was doing really good and was SO happy to see Lyla. He hasn't seen her yet.. we tried a month or so ago and they wouldn't let us in the hospital because of flu season. By the time we got in the room and talked a while it was time for Lyla to eat again. I figured no big deal I'll go find a microwave and heat up her bottle. I saw a couple of nurses in the hall and asked for one. They said "for a baby bottle?!" I said yes. Wow. I got chewed out. I guess you are NOT supposed to put bottles in the microwave and I should have known this. One of them went to get me a cup with hot water and the other one kept talking. Didn't I ask my pediatrician about that?! I said you know.. I could ask him questions all.day.long. Finally she laid off and I stood around the corner and waited for the other one to come back.. and I could still hear the lady talking to her friend about bottles and microwaves. Really? I got tears in my eyes and walked back to the room... she can take a room temp bottle she just doens't like it as much. Then a nurse found me with the water. I mean really.. was there an instruction list that came out with her? Cause I guess I misplaced it. So Lyla ate a little and half way throught she was NOT HAPPY. She started crying and would not stop. It had to be her belly. So we got out of there. We finally got home and the screaming started again. My poor thing.. I gave her a little tylenol and some zantac and she finally calmed down after rocking her for about an hour. Then she slept great.. But yeah.. it was one of them days for sure. Momma needs a day to de-stress!

4 comments:

Kim Luke said...

I don't know who I feel more sorry for, you or Lyla!! I honestly would have said something to the nurses at the hospital! What witches! Shots are so hard to handle as a mommy! Dane hardly ever came with me for shots so it was always me holding Landon down :( wish I could tell you it gets easier, but it doesn't and they only get stronger and more mad with every shot! Landon can just see his nurse and freak the freak out!
Hope Lylas tummy gets better, how many times did you take her to the chiropractor?

Jodi said...

Ah.. shots are never easy.. I cried the entire time Trenton got his first ones.. My heart sunk but afterwards when I gave him his binky and rocked him, he was fine! Instructions never come with babies so you should of told those nurses where to go, but hey she is growing and that means you both are doing an awesome job at parenting :o)

Erin said...

I know!! they made me feel like I was an awful mom.. and they had NO idea what we had been through that day. oh well.
We took her to the chiro like 5 times or so. He did an awesome job. Her neck didn't turn one way and she turns it all the time now. Didn't help with the spit up though.

Cassie said...

NO FUN! Poor Mommy and Lyla. I would have went OFF on those nurses!!