Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A hot hot hot Wilgraf Weekend

I mean really.. does it need to be this hot already?! awful. And baby does NOT like it. Ugh, neither does her Momma. Hey up there, give us a break! Seriously tornadoes, earthquakes, cold spring, now super hot, crazy bugs....... I think someone is trying to tell us something.
ANYWAY. Our weekend was so busy! as usual. On Friday my brother Dustin and his fiance Melissa came to town because we were having her bridal shower on Saturday. Her parents and sister came too! Friday night we all just talked and had dinner and drinks at the winery. Of course me and Lyla got out of there kind of early because of the heat.. and their air conditioner was just not doing the trick. I mean come on.. my skirt was soaken wet when we left.. and yes, we were sitting inside! yuck. But it was so nice to see them! And Melissa's family is sooo nice. Of course I had some artichoke and spinach dip.. that made everything great!
Saturday was the crazy day. Lyla and I got up and had baths and got to Red Bud by ten something. Of course my hair was still damp, no makeup and my dress needed ironing. Yes, I am a new Mom. I had the bride to be's hair to do, a cake to pick up, decorating to be done.. and the shower started at one in Waterloo. But hey, I pulled it off, and it was great!

Jill (Sean's wife), me, Melissa (the bride to be), Stefanie (Melissa's sister)
After the shower was over we packed up our cars and got back in some air conditioning. (for some reason that place didn't have good air either! maybe I am just a baby about being hot..) Us girls all took a little nap then headed over to Sean and Jill's for some swimming. The guys were coming too, they had been at the Cardinal's game all day right in the sun! Well, not Brandon. Brandon was at the farm all weekend.. but the corn and beans are all in the ground! ANYWAY.. it was Lyla's first time in the pool! and I think she loved it!
Sunday morning we all met for breakfast at Tequila's. num num num. It was yummy in my tummy. Why was I the only one who ordered a margarita?? haha. And Brandon could actually come too! ahhh, finally me and Lyla got to see him for more than 5 minutes! but then, back out to the beans. After breakfast Dustin and Melissa were packed up and headed back home to Lisle. It was a great weekend! But man, the heat is killin me! Hope you all had a good one too.. I think we'll take it easy this week here at the Wilgraf household!


oh hi Mom.


soakin up some Uncle Dustin time...


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I pretty much love your blue dress :)