Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Fireman's Wilgraf Weekend

oh hey you. Ever notice how I do my weekend wrap-up on Tuesday?? yeah.. Mondays just aren't my day.
Welllll, it was the Red Bud Fireman's Picnic this last weekend. Oh, how exciting.
Friday night I decided to take my mom up on her babysitting offer and go up to the picnic with some friends. (Brandon was at the farm... again.) So, I headed to Tequila's to meet them and head to the picnic afterwards.. I don't know if the margarita's were a good idea or a bad one. Maybe this is my apology to anyone I saw? I knew I was staying at my mom's house though so I let loose! My parent's live about 3 blocks away. Perfect for a walk home with arms full of picnic poker beer winnings, right?! oh man. that's enough about Friday.
Saturday Lyla and I hung out at Grandma's all day. Grandpa got a new boat, so we had to hang around and check that out.. and Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Landgraf came down from Columbia that afternoon so we hung out and visited with them. We went home around 8 that night and Brandon pulled in the driveway at about the same time. ahhh, early night in bed! Until about 2 a.m. when the sirens went off :( I HATE waking up my sleeping baby.  But I know if something was to happen I would be SO mad at myself for not going in the basement. Of course the sirens stopped about 5 minutes after we got down there but she went right back to sleep when we got back upstairs.
Sunday was the big parade day! Lyla slept til about 7.. had a bottle and went right back to sleep til almost noon! ahhh, so nice! And Brandon had to run to the farm so Mommy slept in with her:) She took a little nap right before we had to leave that gave me and Brandon time to get ready and even time for him to get a haircut. After we were all ready we headed to Red Bud to sit at my brother's house for the parade. They live in the perfect spot and it's always a great time.

not the best pic.. and this is why I am dieting! but that's us! I love these two SSOOO MUCH!!

Lyla loooved the parade.. but about half way through she got pooped out! We had a good time though. Then Brandon and I headed up the the picnic later that evening for some drinks and to use up the rest of my poker chips. He even rode the ferris wheel with me! What a good boyfriend:)


Ok, here's to a good week everybody! Also, 3 things. 1.I gave up Mountain Dew.. trying to get myself to drink Diet Coke.. so watch out for crabbiness. 2.I know my header is huge.. I dom't know why. I did it the same as last time! ugh.. I will work on it! 3.scentsy is still not in................... I swear it's not my fault and I am not just keeping all your stuff for myself.

Ok, I am gonna take advantage of the weather and go for a stroll with my baby and the stroller :)

1 comment:

Cassie said...

ha i was totally going to say, woah your header is REALLY big! lol.

good luck with the no moutain dew!!

and yes, wtf!! where is my scentsy!!!!!!!