Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Wilgraf Weekend

Our weekend was great! I have to say it was a little more relaxed for me and I LOVED it.
Let's start a day early with Thursday.. My Scentsy party turned out great!! My Mom came over early that day and helped me get ready.. By about 5:30 everything was about ready and people started showing up around six. We had little bacon wrapped weenies, veggie pizza, fruit pizza, cheese dip, and buffalo chicken dip. ahhh, all the food was great! it was a lot of work but it was so worth it. I also made wineritas and I have to say they went over very well! Oh and I can't forget the rice crispie treats! I had somewhere between ten and fifteen people and I got tons of good stuff! Thank you everyone for coming! we should get our Scentsy products by the end of the week!
Well, Brandon and I stayed up WAY past our bedtime that night.. especially because last week he started at 5 a.m. every morning. The party lasted a little longer than I thought it would! So on Friday I made Brandon's favorite supper (spaghetti) and we watched American Pickers all night.. one of our favorite shows:) Lyla was a little angel and went to sleep and like 7:30! so we were in bed shortly after. Ahhh, it was so nice just to relax with him.
Saturday Brandon was off to work and Lyla and I stayed around the house. I had planned on taking Lyla swimming at Aunt Jill's but I guess she had different plans because she went to sleep at about 1:30 and I had to wake her up at 4:45! That was ok though because it was nice to just hang out at home too. That night we went to get pedi's with my Mom and Aunt Brenda met us too. We also got to eat at my new favorite place: Fazoli's. OMG. I love it.. why am I just now finding this place?! I need to get out more. We also went to Best Buy because I had to return something.. and I got this baby:



If you don't have it. Get it. Love it. I am in love! Never knew she could sing like that.
ANYWAY.
It was a late night for me and Lyla and an even later night for Brandon. He went to the Willie Nelson concert and didn't get home til almost one.. that means he was awake for about 22 hours.. but a little birdie told me he might not have been completely awake for the whole thing. Poor guy. He works so hard for us! Finally when he got home I could actually sleep and we were all in bed til about 7 the next morning. After we layed around for a while I texted the Schenk's and we all decided to barbeque at our house. I called the Walter's to come down and hang out with us too.Brandon's brother Nick stopped by and we asked him to stick around and join us too! We made so much great food. Kabobs, corn on the cob, hash brown casserole, broccoli cheese casserole, brownies, baked beans and a big fat watermelon. mmm it was great. And of course I had left over wineritas! But the two prego's had to miss out. Only a couple months!
Lyla slept that day from 2 til almost 5! So we put the monitor on and let her go. She took another little nap later that evening and then was in bed again by 9:30 or so. But when she was awake to see everybody she really enjoyed herself I think:)
showin off!
she had a couple friends join in on the fun with her!
Stella wanted Lyla to play with her and her baby! too funny.
And this is Sarah's 7 week old niece! what a sweet little baby.
I think the Schenk's got a little taste of how much work a tiny baby is gonna be! But I think they can handle it;) Later that evening I convinced the boys to play a game of Phase 10 with me. I love that game! Brandon didn't do very well and of course it was my fault. haha. But we all had a great time! And the weather was BEAUTIFUL for being outside with babies all day/evening. I think everyone enjoyed themselves and I know we all had full bellies. :o)
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend just like we did!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a great time at the Scentsy party and let me tell you ALL of your food was amazing! Thank you for the invite =)

Erin said...

Ah I am glad you came! I'm happy it went so well. Did you see me with my camera today? You'll know wilt that was about shortly.. lol.